Volume 6, Issue 5
March is PARP (Pick a Reading Partner) Month!
Thank you to PTA for planning our PARP program. Here are some details:
- Reading log. Students are encouraged to read 15 minutes each night and keep track on the reading log calendar.
- Hay bales. Students can fill out the paper hay bales identifying the title and author of books they have read. The hay bales are “placed” in the red barn mural that is in our front lobby.
- Book Swap. Bring in your gently used books to swap with other books that have been donated. Please understand that you will not get your book back. Book swap tables are in the lobby.
- PARP Celebration dinner. Students who read at least 20 times (on the reading log calendar) are invited, with their families, to a special PARP dinner on April 25 from 5:30 – 7:00 p.m. At the dinner, students will receive a raffle ticket for great prizes!
Lost and Found
Our Lost and Found is BURSTING! Please come and identify any items that might be yours. At the end of this month, we will donate any remaining items.
East Hill School: Upcoming Events
Note: We needed to use one extra snow day so school is now in session on Fri., April 6, 2018.
- PTA Meeting: March 12, 2018. We will gather at 3:05 in the East Hill Library.
- Music in our Schools: Art Show and Concert: March 13, 2018, 7:00 p.m. Canajoharie HS, 5th grade all-county singers will perform.
- 1st and 2nd Grade to Proctors: March 16, 2018
- Board of Education Meeting: March 22, 2018, 7:00 p.m. HS room 113
- Family Fun Day!: March 24, 2018, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. East Hill School.
- K-5 Students attend Alice in Wonderland performance at Canajoharie HS: March 28, 2018
- 4th grade to the NYS Museum: March 29, 2018
- Science Spectrum: March 29, 2018. Students in K-3, 5 will enjoy hands-on science experiments.
- Spring Recess: March 30 – April 5, 2018
- NYS ELA Test Administration, Grades 3, 4, 5: April 11, 12 2018
- 3rd Quarter Report Cards distributed: April 12, 2018
- Board of Education Meeting: April 12, 2018, 7:00 p.m. HS room 113
- Health and Wellness Fair, Fort Plain CSD: April 14, 2018. 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon
- 4th grade to the Farmers’ Museum: April 25, 2018
- PARP Celebration Dinner: April 25, 2018. 5:30 p.m. All students (and their families) who read at least 20 times on their reading log are invited to join us for a celebration dinner and a raffle!
- Board of Education Meeting: April 26, 2018, 7:00 p.m. HS room 113