Learn lifesaving skills and become qualified for the best summer job as a lifeguard!
This course will take participants through the knowledge and skills to
become an American Red Cross certified lifeguard and participants will be
eligible to apply to local pools and NYS Parks as lifeguards upon successful completion.
This course will be run in a “hybrid” format. Lecture, presentation, and textbook material will be available online and skills will be taught and tested in person. Successful completion of the course requires 100% attendance, pass all skill assessments, and at least 80% or higher on the written exams. If you need special considerations, please contact Mr. Stuttle (email@example.com).
- 15 years old by February 21
- Swim 550 yards continuously
- Swim underwater for 10 yards
- Tread water for 2 minutes with legs only (will be tested on the first day)
Dates & Times:
- Monday, February 18 9 am – 4 pm
- Tuesday, February 19 9 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday, February 20 9 am – 5 pm
- Thursday, February 21 9 am – 1 pm
$250 (Make checks payable to Canajoharie Central Schools)
Any questions please contact Mr. Stuttle (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To register please click here.