The Canajoharie Central School District prides itself on providing appropriate services to students and works to maintain communication between staff and parents. We support all students and make sure they receive the specialized attention that they need.
Emphasis is on preparation for post-graduation life including:
- basic competencies in consumer skills
- interactions that are socially appropriate
- positive self-esteem and appropriate coping skills
- basic literacy skills for independent living
- skills to seek, obtain and successfully function in a job that is
best suited to math their abilities.
- skills for independent living
Each room is designed to help each student reach, and surpass, his/her goals as stated in IEPs.
The goal is to foster an environment of trust and respect so that everyone is willing to take risks in order to learn.
Students focus on:
- Use of technology (as compensatory measures and to foster independence of students)
- Content area vocabulary
- Close Reading
- CC Writing
- Reading and using charts, graphs, maps, etc.
- Planning and Goal Setting
- Setting Priorities and Time Management
- Monitoring, Self-Assessment, Advocacy
- Storing and Remembering Information/Test Taking
- Transitional Planning