Budget & Finance
2021-22 Budget at a Glance
- Total budget: $23,125,725
- Increase from 2020-21: 2.28 percent
- Tax levy increase: 0 percent
- Highlights: “We will be offering academic intervention services at each level, helping increase the usage and efficiency with our I-Ready program, after-school tutoring, and creating additional course sections in certain areas to lower class sizes. We also want to create a more robust summer school enrichment program and increase counseling services at each level.”
– Superintendent Dr. Nick Fitzgerald
2021-22 Budget Info
2020-21 Budget Info
Developing the annual school budget proposal is a year-round process that involves the Canajoharie Board of Education, as well as district and school leaders.
Current Year Budget (2020-21) Information
- Budget total: $22.61 million
- Tax levy increase: 2.5% under the tax cap
- Spending decrease: 0.15%
- Use of Fund Balance: $550,996
Meet the Board of Education Student Representative
Residents of the Canajoharie Central School District will vote by absentee ballot on the $22,610,925 proposed budget for the 2020-21 school year.
The ballot also will include a proposition to establish a non-voting student representative position on the Board of Education.
The ex-officio student member would attend and participate in all board meetings. However, as an ex-officio member, the student would not vote and would not participate in confidential executive sessions. To be eligible for the position, student candidates must have attended Canajoharie High School for at least two years before the appointment and be a senior during the year of service.
Meet Canajoharie senior, Tyler Pinkerton, the current Student Representative on the Board of Education.
“I found out about this position through the previous Student Representative, Olivia Stanley, when she recommended the position to me,” said Pinkerton.
Read more: https://bit.ly/36tsB8S
Absentee ballots are available for residents who will be out of town or unable to vote at the polls due to illness or disability. Please note the following deadlines for absentee ballots. To request an absentee ballot, please contact the District Clerk by phone at 518-673-6302 or in-person at the District Office, 136 Scholastic Way, Canajoharie.
Look Up a Tax Bill
To look up a tax bill visit the Montgomery County Tax Bill Search and View page.