When schools must be closed for an emergency or because of snow or road conditions, an official announcement will be made over various area radio and television stations and will be posted on the district website and social media outlets.
Closing announcements will also be made using our phone notification system.
2020-2021 District PDF Calendar *Please note the new start dates below and there will be no Conference days in October or November.*
- September 3: Superintendent’s Conference Day
- September 7: Labor Day
- September 8: Superintendent’s Conference Day
- September 9: Superintendent’s Conference Day
- September 10: Opening Day of School – PreK-2, Grades 6, 7-8 (Group 1) – in person, Grades 9-12 Virtual, Remote Students Follow Grade Level Schedule
- September 11: School – Grades 3-5, 6, 7-8 (Group 2) – in person, Grades 9-12 Virtual, Remote Students Follow Grade Level Schedule
- October 12: Columbus Day
- November 11: Veteran’s Day
- November 24: Emergency Release Day
- November 25-27: Thanksgiving Recess
- December 24-January 1: Holiday Recess
- January 18: Martin Luther King Day
- January 26-29: Regents Exams
- February 15-19: Winter Break
- March 15: Superintendent’s Conference Day
- April 2: Good Friday
- April 2-9: Spring Break
- May 31: Memorial Day
- June 1: Regents Exams
- June 16-24: Regents Exams
- June 25: Last Day of School/Rating Day
Snow days: School may be closed for emergencies up to four (4) days without adding days to the calendar. If there are less than four (4) closings, vacation days will be added in this order accordingly: May 28, June 1. If we use more than the allotted snow days, we will make them up during spring break beginning April 9.
Nothing from Saturday, September 19 2020 to Tuesday, September 29 2020.