The Nellis Memorial Pool was originally built in 1966 and underwent a renovation in 2008.
The pool has housed educational swim programs, competitive swim programs, and certification courses.
The pool is free to use during open swim times for our community.
It is the mission of the Nellis Memorial Pool to provide fun, safe, and educational opportunities to the Canajoharie community with a focus on aquatics.
As always, if the school is closed the pool is closed.
School Year Hours
Community hours are lifeguarded by American Red Cross certified lifeguards
Adult Swim: Monday & Thursday: 7-8:30 p.m.
Adult Swim is available for residents over the age of 18 who would like to add swimming, aqua jogging, rehabilitation exercise, or any other aquatic movement to their fitness and wellness regime. Come and enjoy a low impact activity that is great for your health!
Family Swim: Wednesday: 7-8:30 p.m.
Bring the kids! Anyone who enjoys the water is welcome to come to family swim. This a great opportunity to get in the water even when the weather may not be the warmest. Get up and get active with your family! Children who come to Family Swim must be supervised by an adult during the entire stay.
Times TBD by the Organization
If you have an organization that would like to use the Nellis Pool please contact Kevin Stuttle for information regarding pool use. You will need to fill out a Facility Request form and provide proof of insurance for your organization before being allowed to use the pool.
- Elementary Physical Education Curriculum (Grades 1-5)
- Community Learn to Swim Lessons
Community Open Swim
- Adult Swim (Summer Hours: Monday/Thursday – 7 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Family Swim (Summer Hours: Wednesday- 7 pm – 8:30 pm)
- Open Swim (Summers Only-Summer Hours: Monday – Friday – 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm)
- Canajoharie-Fort Plain Swimming (Modified & Varsity)
- Canajoharie Crocodiles Swim Club
- American Red Cross certifications
- Lifeguarding and Waterfront Lifeguarding
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer
- Safety Training for Swim Coaches
General Rules and Policies
- No running on pool deck and locker rooms
- Rough play is not allowed
- Diving is prohibited during Family Swim
- Diving boards and diving blocks will only be used under the supervision of a certified instructor
- All swimmers must shower before using the pool
- The Nellis Memorial Pool staff has the authority to ask anyone behaving in an unruly or unsafe manner to leave the pool
When you hear
- 1 whistle: Turn attention to lifeguard
- 3 whistles: Lifeguard is entering the water for a rescue
- 1 long whistle: Clear the pool