The Canajoharie High School School Counseling Office is dedicated to improving student success by delivering programs that address students’ academic, career, and personal/social needs. The School Counseling Program is an integral part of Canajoharie High School’s academic program.
The School Counseling Office provides a comprehensive program addressing the American School Counselor Association:
- National Standards for School Counseling Programs
- The New York State Model for Comprehensive K-12 School Counseling Programs
Program planning for the 2018-2019 school year
Freshmen through juniors attended the presentation titled, Program, Career & College Planning in mid-December. Students reviewed and selected courses for next year.
Preliminary course requests were included with progress reports distributed on Dec. 21.
Students and parents/guardians are invited to meet with Mrs. Lenz for individual annual review meetings to review academic progress, graduation requirements, future plans and finalize course selections.
Students should make appointments in the counseling center beginning January 2.
Senior & College Level Semester Classes
Canajoharie High School currently offers the following senior/college level, semester classes:
- Accounting I
- UHS Accounting
- English 12
- AP English
- CHS PreCalculus
- CHS Algebra
- UHS/AP Calculus
- Financial Math
- AP Biology
- AP Government and Economics
- Applied Physics
- CHS Spanish
- CHS French
- Food Science
Guidance Direct is available to students and parents searching for colleges and financial aid. All students are able to create an account by contacting the guidance department.
Throughout the year, representatives from colleges and universities around the country visit our school to meet with interested students. If you want to meet with a college representative, get a pass from the School Counseling Office that morning.
Academic Development, Test Information
- College Board PSAT Homepage
- SAT Home
- College Board Advanced Placement Homepage
- American College Test Homepage
- Practice ACT Test Questions
- FairTest: The National Center for Fair and Open Testing
- Oswego City School District Regents Exam Prep Center
- Resources for Parents: New York State Education Department
- The Homework Helper
- Study Skills
- Study Strategies Homepage
- Career Zone: Information on exciting careers in New York State.
- Guidance Direct
- Occupational Outlook Handbook Online
- College Board Find A College Site
- Common Application Online
- State University of New York Homepage
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities
Financial Aid Information
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web
- New York State Higher Education Services Corporation
- FastWeb Scholarship Search Service
- College Board Scholarship Search Homepage
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marine Corps
- United States Navy
- Selective Service Administration
- New York State Air National Guard
- New York State Army National Guard