East Hill Elementary principal, Stacy Ward, is leaving to embark on a new journey as Director of Instructional Support Services at ONC BOCES starting on Nov. 1.
Ward has been with the district for nine years and has achieved many accomplishments during her time at Canajoharie. Some of those highlights include:
- New ELA series; Improved student achievement in ELA- for example in the 2019 NYS test administration our 4th grade ELA state tests were at the state average
- New AIS structure and targeted reading data collection– we saw an increase of over 30% of students now reading on grade level (as of June 2019)
- New K-6 Social-emotional program, Conscious Discipline — reducing discipline referrals and suspensions
- Partnered with PTA to build a new playground
- Revamped library program (awarded HFM BOCES School Library System Administrator of the Year, 2017)
- Awarded full-day PreK 3 grant, expanded PreK4 to full-day and two classrooms
- Worked with Fulmont Action Agency to co-locate HeadStart in this building
- New Math series ( September 2019)
“East Hill is an amazing place, and I so proud of all that we have accomplished during my time here,” Ward said. “From our new playground to our data-driven reading and intervention program, we have done great things! I will greatly miss the students, families, staff members, and faculty that are part of our East Hill school family.”
Before her time at Canajoharie, Ward served at HFM BOCES for seven years.
Ward’s last day is Oct. 31.