Dear East Hill School Families;
The following letter details our remote learning plan in case we have to move to that model. As you know the state is seeing an increase in COVID-19 cases each day and we would like to be more proactive, than reactive with planning. This letter is informational for now in case we move to fully remote.
- Students in grades Pre-K and kindergarten will be provided with packets of work for students to complete at home.
- Kindergarten students will also be expected to work on iReady ELA and Math daily. Please let the office know if an iPad is required for your child due to the lack of technology at your home.
- Students in grades 1st-5th will have a remote learning schedule to follow. This schedule will follow our regular schedule model, which includes students going to each period of the day as students would do in school.
If school closes for in-person instruction, please use the yellow COVID folder for instruction. This folder is meant to provide students with learning activities until technology and other materials are ready to be deployed to students.
Once students receive their Chromebooks and materials from school, students should access their schedules from our website (www.canajoharieschools.org). Then follow these instructions:
- At the top of the website, there is a link labeled-East Hill Remote Schedule-click on that link.
- Once on that page select the grade that the child is in-click on that link.
- Then, a schedule will appear for the entire grade level.
- Find your child’s homeroom labeled at the top of the page. Follow the column down the page for each link to your child’s Google Classrooms.
- As you hover over the identified teacher’s name a link will appear-click on that link to the Google Classroom.
- On the Google Classroom page, students will find activities, assignments, and Google Meet links.
Please be sure that your child is on daily, and is punctual to each Google Classroom. Their participation is counted for attendance.
During i-Ready, students can check in with the i-Ready aide, then log in to their i-Ready accounts. ALL students know their usernames and password.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact East Hill Elementary at 518-673-6310. Helpful tutorials for Google Classroom for parents and students can be found under the “District Technology” link.
Alicia D’Ambrosio, Principal