June 1, 2021
Dear East Hill School Families,
June is finally here! This school year has been both challenging and rewarding! As we begin our last month of the 20-21 school year, I would like to sincerely thank everyone for all you have done to make this year successful! Please take a moment to review upcoming events during the month of June at East Hill.
Thursday, June 3:
– One hour delay
Monday, June 7:
– New York State Science Test (Fourth Grade ONLY)
Friday, June 11:
– Remote Day
Friday, June 18 at 5:30 p.m.:
– Fifth Grade Moving Up Ceremony
Monday, June 21 at 5:30 p.m., 6 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.:
– Kindergarten Graduation
– Moving Up/Graduation Ceremonies: Details about specific number of guests, etc will be sent out by grade levels.
Wednesday, June 23rd and Thursday, June 24th
– Dismissal will be at 11:30 a.m.
– We will be serving breakfast and a bag lunch
Friday, June 25:
–Dismissal will be at 10:40 a.m.
-We will be serving breakfast and a bag lunch
– School issued Chromebooks will be collected from Remote Students on the last three (3) days of school (6/23-6/25) after dismissal. During the collection, Chromebooks will be checked for physical damage and to ensure that the power cords are intact. Missing power cords have a replacement cost of $35.00 and can be paid at the time of collection.
July 12 to August 5
– Summer Stars – Students will be recommended by teachers. Dates and times will be provided to those students in the near future.
Summer Food Program:
– Breakfast and lunch will be available from July 12 to August 20 (Monday-Friday)
– 8-9:15 a.m. breakfast
-11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. lunch
One Book/One School:
– This summer East Hill will be enjoying the book- The One and Only Ivan
Every student will receive a copy of the book, along with a calendar, activities, and read along with their favorite staff members at East Hill. We will also have new staff members join us!
Pre-K Openings Available:
– Canajoharie school district residents with a child who turns 4 before December 1, 2021 are eligible to enroll their child in PreK. Breakfast, lunch, snack, and transportation are provided daily at no cost to you. Please stop by the East Hill Elementary office to fill out an application.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns at the East Hill Office (518) 673-6310 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With Many Thanks,