In its third year, students in Canajoharie are accepting non-perishable food items from now until Nov. 20 with the goal of collecting a full busload of donations just in time for the holidays.
Donations will be taken to food pantries, churches, and local organizations throughout Montgomery County. The school is looking to collect four major kinds of food/products to fill the buses:
- Nonperishable food items (canned vegetables, kinds of pasta, cereals, peanut butter, sauces, condiments, etc.).
- Drinks (especially bottled water).
- Child care products (diapers, wipes, baby formula).
- Paper-based products (toilet paper, paper towels, tissues).
Donations can be dropped off:
- During regular school hours (call the high school – 518-673-6302 – for large donations).
- By giving them to a Canajoharie High School student.
- At any open evening event (sports games, open houses, concerts, etc.).
- In boxes outside of the school during weekends or off-times.
Monetary donations can be given in the form of gift cards to local supermarkets.
Buses will be loaded with donations on Tuesday, November 20.