Dear Middle School Families;
It’s hard to believe it is already June and we are quickly approaching the end of the 2020-21 school year. Below you will find a schedule of “end of the year” related events to assist with planning purposes.
Monday, June 7:
– NYS 8th Grade Science Exam (Group 2)
Tuesday, June 8:
– NYS 8th Grade Science Exam (Group 1)
– 5 p.m.: Middle School Spring Concert @ Canajoharie High School (Outdoors) Please bring your own chair/seating.
Friday, June 11:
-Remote Day for all students K-12
Monday, June 21:
– 8th Grade (Group 1) Graduation Rehearsal & Breakfast (in school) ***
Tuesday, June 22:
– 8th Grade (Group 2) Graduation Rehearsal & Breakfast (in school) ***
6:00 – ???: 8th Grade Graduation, Arkell Auditorium @ CHS. In an effort to allow the entire 8th grade class to graduate together AND maintain current NYS indoor social distancing guidelines, a strict cap of 2 guests per student will be in place.
Wednesday, June 23: ½ Day (Dismissal at 11:30 a.m. for all students)
– 8-11 a.m. Algebra I Regents Exam @ CHS (Accelerated 8th students only)
Thursday, June 24: ½ Day (Dismissal at 11:30 a.m. for all students)
– 8-11 a.m. Earth Science Regents Exam @ CHS (Accelerated 8th students only)
Friday, June 25th: ½ Day (Dismissal at 10:40 a.m. for all students)
– Final Report Cards Issued (digital)
School issued Chromebooks will be collected from in person students on the last 3 days of school (6/23 – 6/25). Fully Remote students/families may drop their device off at the MS main office between 8 a.m.-3 p.m. on 6/23 & 6/24 or 8-11 a.m. on 6/25. During collection Chromebooks will be checked for physical damage and to ensure that the issued power cord is intact and in working condition. Missing power cords have a replacement cost of $35 and can be paid at time of collection.
Breakfast is available to all students on 6/23, 6/24 & 6/25. A bag lunch will be available to students and must be pre-ordered on Monday, 6/21.
Summer Food Program:
Breakfast and Lunches will be available Monday through Friday at the East Hill Elementary School Cafeteria from Monday, July 12th through Friday, August 20th.
- Breakfast: 8-9:15 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Please remember that the use of masks on school grounds is mandatory per New York State guidelines. As always, we appreciate your patience, flexibility and understanding as we continue to navigate through ever changing requirements and protocols. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Middle School Office (518) 673-6320 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Middle School Principal