On behalf of the staff at East Hill Elementary School, I am pleased to welcome you to the 2021-2022 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure your children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, your children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for your children’s success. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrive on time
- Completes all homework assignments
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and improve literacy skills
- Studies math facts to become fluent
- Shares school experiences with you
- Knows that you expect them to do their best everyday
- Wednesday, September 8th- First day of school for grades 1st-5th
- Wednesday, September 8th- Kindergarten Orientation
- Thursday, September 9th- First day of school for kindergarten students
- Wednesday, September 22nd- Open House
I am excited to announce and welcome new teachers and staff members to the East Hill School Family!
- Ashlee Jones- Kindergarten Teacher
- Morgan Koelbl- Third Grade Teacher
- Maria Morotti- Fourth Grade Teacher
- Alya Alberico- Art Teacher
- Kristin Barnett- Library Media Specialist
- Christy Battinelli- AIS Teacher
- Deanna Cook- AIS Teacher
- Elizabeth Amthor- AIS Teacher
- Lisa Catarino- Lunch Monitor
- Joshua Herget- Lunch Monitor
- Megan Brandt- Full Time Substitute
- Francesca Nare- Counselor
Procedures for the 21-22 School Year
- Breakfast and lunch are free for all students
- Students in grades 1st to 5th will be departmentalized.
- Supplies from the PTA will be distributed to students on the first day of school.
- Parents are responsible for supplying a backpack, swimsuit and sneakers for gym
- If you have difficulty obtaining these items, please contact the school office.
- Students will use lockers this school year.
- Snack time is at the discretion of the classroom teacher.
- Bring a mask daily.
Arrival Procedures 7:30-7:50 a.m.
- Doors will be open daily beginning at 7:30 a.m., please do not drop off students prior to that time.
- Please note that we discourage picking up your child early from school as it impacts their learning.
- If you have a change in dismissal, please notify the office by 1:00 p.m.
- Bus students will be escorted by teachers and staff to their assigned bus.
Car Pick Up and Walkers
- Teachers and staff will supervise students in the cafeteria and gymnasium until buses leave. Once the buses leave, students will be dismissed from the Main Entrance of East Hill.
- When dropping off and picking up your child, please be cautious. Children are often excited and run when or where you least expect them. Please exercise extreme caution when driving through the parking lot.
We expect all parents/guardians to assess their child(ren) at home each day. If your child(ren) has any cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms please keep your child home. If they come into school and are sent to the office due to symptoms we will be sending them home immediately. If your child(ren) is out for 2 or more days due to illness, they will be required to be cleared by their primary physician to return. We will be doing sample screenings each week as well. If your child has symptoms longer than 24 hours, please see your physician.
For any updates as it relates to COVID 19, please refer to the District’s webpage https://www.canajoharieschools.org. If you have any questions, please contact the school office at 518-673-6310. The staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting you.
Best Wishes for a Great School Year!
Alicia D’Ambrosio, Principal