As we approach the beginning of the school year, I would like to share some of the changes that have been implemented due to COVID.
- Thursday, September 10th- First and Second Grades will report for in-person learning, while Pre-K and Kindergarten will be conducting screenings and orientation by appointment.
- Friday, September 11th- Third to Fifth Grades will report for in-person learning.
- Monday, September 14th- ALL students will report daily for in-person learning.
On Monday, September 14th- ALL students will be receiving a yellow folder-this folder will have materials for students to work on during any time that we may be placed on remote learning.
Pre-K and Kindergarten
- Due to enrollment numbers, Pre-K and Kindergarten students will be assigned a homeroom teacher. That homeroom teacher will provide instruction for their students.
- All kindergarten students will report to the cafeteria every morning where they will be greeted by the Kindergarten staff and enjoy breakfast. Pre-K students will report to their homerooms and transition to the Great Room for breakfast.
First through Fifth Grades
- Students in grades 1-5 will be assigned a homeroom. There will be a total of five (5) homerooms at each grade level with twelve or fewer students in each room. Students will remain in their homeroom for instructional time with the following exceptions: PE, Swim, Lunch, Recess, and Library.
- Students in grades 1-5 will be instructed by grade level teachers. Each teacher will instruct in core subject areas, along with a section of RTI/AIS and i-Ready. Classroom instruction/supervision will be provided on a rotating basis throughout the school day.
- Homeroom will begin at 8:20 am and end at 8:40 am. Students in grades 1st through 5th that will be getting breakfast will eat in their assigned homeroom. Students not eating breakfast will report directly to their homeroom.
- Each grade level will be located in different areas of the school. These grade levels will be assigned colors that will have coordinated flags that will hang in the hallway.
- First Grade-Green
- Second Grade-Yellow
- Third Grade-Red
- Fourth Grade-Purple
- Fifth Grade-Orange
- Students will NOT be using lockers. Their belongings will be stored in their room.
- Supplies from the PTA will be distributed to students on the first day of school.
- Students that completed the survey indicating that a device was needed will pick up their Chromebook at the high school on September 2nd or 8th from 7:30 am-5:30 pm.
- School supplies for remote learning students will be distributed on Wednesday, September 9, 2020. Please pick up your child’s supplies on this day from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm. During these hours, students will receive school supplies and any materials needed to complete learning tasks at home.
- Kindergarten through fifth-grade remote learning students will receive instruction streaming via a classroom. This information will be provided to students via Google Classroom. First through fifth-grade students will participate in one of the homerooms at their grade level.
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES 8:20 – 8:40am
*Students should not arrive prior to 8:20 am unless approved by the principal for the morning program.
Car Riders – should be dropped off in the student drop off zone. Please remain with your child until their temperature is checked by a staff member.
Walkers – should come in through the main entrance where their temperature will be taken.
Bus Students – an adult needs to be with their child as they board the bus. Temperatures will be taken as they board the bus. Upon arrival at school, students will enter through the main entrance.
- Bus students will be escorted by teachers and staff to their assigned bus.
- Teachers and staff will supervise students at the Middle School entrance for pick up at the end of the school day. Please note that this is a change from previous years.
- Walkers will be dismissed after the buses pull away.
Please be cautious when dropping off and picking up students. Children are often excited and run when and where you least expect them. Please exercise EXTREME CAUTION when driving through the parking lot.
Please check out our website and Facebook page for informational videos regarding social distancing, and other COVID related topics. We also encourage parents to begin practicing the use of masks for students during the day. This will help students when returning to school and wearing a mask throughout the day.
As a reminder, school safety is very important and there is a single point of entry. All visitors must enter through the East Hill main entrance and sign in.
If you have any questions, please let me know. We appreciate your support!
Best Wishes for a Great School Year!
Alicia D’Ambrosio, Principal